30 Days of Game of Thrones - day 30

Day 30 – Why you love Game of Thrones

The answer to this question should be quite apparent by now. There is just so much to love about these books and the series. I've been a fan of the books since 2003, and I've waited a long time for both Feast and Dance to come out. Frustrating, but totally worth it!

A Song of Ice and Fire easily qualifies as the best told story I've ever had the chance to know. Martin's world is just so livid and engaging. The characters  - their thoughts and reactions often seem like real people to me - they are that well described! It's a wonderfully detailed world that still doesn't fall into the trap of becoming difficult to comprehend.
I've been enchanted with these books since Jaime threw Bran out of the window, and have serious doubts I'll ever fall out of love with them. The only downside is that they are really hard to match. After having finished Swords I had trouble finding other books to read, just because I was still so into the world of Martin. They really are something that add to the fantasy-genre and I think they have also been a big part of moving the genre forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ikke en sånn som får en lykkelig slutt?

2020 - året det var så mye tid til å lese

Men så må vi ikke glemme bjørnen...