30 Days of Torchwood - Day 19

Day 19 - Your favourite Jack moment

This one is a bit hard, as I think my favourite Jack-moment might actually be from Doctor Who. I much preferred the fun-loving rouge with a need for guidelines in The Empty Child to the sour, troubled, amoral leader of Torchwood Three.


I really loved the scene with Jack and Rose dancing on the roof of the Chula warship parked in front of Big Ben. He seems to be enjoying himself immensely, but never loses sight of the task at hand. It's just a really fun scene while it is still very descriptive of his character.



 

Jack is really an awful boss, and this shows plenty of times during the series of Torchwood. There is however this one scene where he himself questions his abilities as a leader. It's at the end of Greeks Bearing Gifts. He sits with Tosh after having sent Mary off into the sun. (An awful thing to do, but then again he does these things all the time..) Not sure how to handle the situation he asks Tosh: "What do bosses do in situations like these? You know, regular bosses. Do I get to beat people?"


I like how he admits here that is a bit clueless, and how he tries to bring humour into it to deflect from the situation. I think that is one of the best glimpses we get of "Who-Jack" through all of the series. Makes it easier to forgive him. Maybe I would have still liked the character if we had seen more of that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ikke en sånn som får en lykkelig slutt?

2020 - året det var så mye tid til å lese

Men så må vi ikke glemme bjørnen...