30 days of Torchwood - day 13


Day 13 - Your favourite couple scene
Great – a follow-up!  There aren’t many to pick from really. I think I am more fond of the scenes we don't see. 

Could I go with Ianto punching Jack and calling him a monster in Cyberwoman? Well - it's my blog, so I guess I could. There is this little snippet of conversation that gives the viewer so much information about them both - and I really like that. Ianto is very right in this scene - Jack is a horrible person in many regards! 
This is the first of many important critical questions about Torchwood and about Jack asked by Ianto in season 1. Since they become more and more involved during the subsequent seasons, I like to know this is in spite of being aware of each other's bad sides.

Jack: The girl you loved, is gone. Your loyalty is to us now. 
Ianto: You can't order me to do that. 
Jack: You execute her or I'll execute you both! 
Ianto: You think you're some kind of hero, but you're the biggest monster of them all!

 If I were to go with something more couply, I like the subtlety of the scene from Kiss Kiss Bang Bang where Jack asks Ianto on a date. Jack actually being a bit nervous there is a bit of a surprising but endearing character-trait that we had not seen before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ikke en sånn som får en lykkelig slutt?

2020 - året det var så mye tid til å lese

Men så må vi ikke glemme bjørnen...