30 days of Torchwood - day 15



Day 15 - Something you’d like to re-write in the series
Large chunks of Children of Earth! (It’s brilliant, though – and I doubt my rewrite would be very good, but I’d like it ;-)) Did it have to be so bleak?

Note to BBC: it is fairly unnecessary to have a child killed onscreen in graphic detail! (Leave that to HBO and Jaime Lannister. At least he does it in style, and not in a shaking, nose-bleeding, nauseating kind of way :-P)

I like the premise and a lot of the plotting. But to me there are too few redeemable characters in this. I do not like to believe that most politicians are that cynical. Some are – surely, but not all of them!
Jack appears so incompetent he has to sacrifice his own grandson. That really made little sense to me. The man is something like 2200 years old, and he is still acting like a 20 year old frat boy!

So in essence I would lighten it up a bit by changing some political reactions and Jacks role in all of this.

I haven’t watched Miracle Day, and it might be brilliant. Even so I would have preferred the show to stay small, quirky and British. In fact some of the reason why I don’t want to watch is that it doesn’t feel like the series I fell for anymore. So please get back to Wales and the rift. Rebuild the hub, and keep doing odd stuff. I like the show for the oddities!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ikke en sånn som får en lykkelig slutt?

2020 - året det var så mye tid til å lese

Men så må vi ikke glemme bjørnen...